Sunday, June 26, 2011

Blue Bloods Trip March 2011

Christina and I travel pretty much anywhere NK's are if we both can get away. This trip Carmen could make the trip too. The three of us flew to NYC with the intent on going to the Blue Bloods set and not leave until we met someone. (of course our intent was for Donnie but secretly wanted Tom and Will too).
We flew out of Milwaukee on a Thursday and the weather was awful! Terrible thunderstorms in NYC. When we got there, we got to our hotel, ate and wanted to go and see if we could find where/if they were filming. We decided to go to the studio and see if they were filming there, since we truly didn't have a clue where they were that night. We got to the studio to find out, we went to the wrong place. Let me please remind you that it was down pouring at this point, we were soaked from head to toe, yet the whole purpose of this trip was to find Blue Bloods and no amount of water will keep us away! When we get to the studio we didn't really know what to do when we found out they weren't there so we kinda hung around for awhile. Then someone told us we can go up to production office (granted they didn't speak much English but we still listened) and walked right up there and asked for Donnie. LMAO!!! EVERYONE in the office stopped and looked at these 3 girls dripping wet asking where Donnie Wahlberg was that night. When I say stop... I mean everything stopped and they just stared at us. They said he was done filming for the night but they thought Tom was still filming at the church in the city. They told us we could leave notes for Donnie and they would put it in his dressing room. (still don't know if he ever got them). We decided to go to the city and see if we could find Tom. We waited in a tent outside of the church for awhile but never saw Tom. Everyone was pretty shocked we were still out there in the rain so after Tom was gone and they were breaking down set we asked if we could go in the church to use the bathroom so they let us. We kept looking around while the other one was in the bathroom looking at the set. Although, we never got to see anyone besides the crew it was neat to see some of it. At this point though, we were cold and wet so went back to the hotel.
The next day when we got up we decided to go to the studio again. Everyone told us not to go early and to go later but something told us to check it out in the morning. We got there and no other fans were there but the three of us. We saw a few of the *stars* but the 3 I was looking for weren't there. Then about an hour after we got there. All of a sudden there is Donnie getting out a van. Carmen had just left to find a bathroom so it was just Christina and I. He looked at us and pointed and ran into the building. I called Carmen and told her he was here and she came running back. After a few mintues, Donnie came out and over to us. Christina and I had brought him gifts and we gave it to him. He was SUPER excited about the gift Christina gave him. Too cute! He took pictures and talked for a bit and then left. Told us he was done filming for the weekend. It was nice. Glad it happened early so the rest of the weekend we could just enjoy NYC. Carmen had never been there and I wanted to see the Brooklyn Bridge. So much fun!!!! Memories for a lifetime!
I must say without New Kids reuniting I never would have seen half of the things I have seen. I have made friends I will have for a lifetime and am so grateful. I know I say this often but words can't express how grateful I am. I'm so blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment