Sunday, June 26, 2011

I'm cruising! May 2011

I still can't believe that I got on a NKOTB cruise! Getting on that boat is almost harder than winning the lottery. Many say they aren't happy because the boat was bigger this year I would be lying if I said I 100% agreed with them. If the boat were any smaller chances of me getting on wouldn't have been good. So part of me is glad they had a bigger boat this year. Had to tell the truth. Now on to the adventure....
I left Milwaukee for my adventure the Tuesday before the the boat left. I flew into Tampa so I could hang out with my friend and one of my cabinmates at her house and then drive the next day to Miami. I LOVE Laura. Because of NKOTB, well, Joey Mcintyre, we became friends over 15 years ago and will be friends for a lifetime. It was a huge deal for me to fly to her because I HATE flying alone and this time I had to. So anxiety had set in for weeks prior to all this.
I got into Tampa and we did some odds and ends and just hung out on Tuesday. Had to get to bed early, midnight, because we were on our way to MIAMI the next morning.
We got on the road pretty early and picked up one of Laura's friends on the way. When we got to Miami I still had to wait for Christina and Liz to fly in and meet them at our hotel. They weren't flying in for a few more hours so we decided to hang out at the pool until they called.
I got to the hotel with Christina and Liz around dinner time. We had dinner and then ended up heading to meet up another friend, Steph. and hung out at her hotels pool most of the evening. There was no way I could have slept well since the next day was CRUISE day! OMG, I didn't know what I was in for.
Thursday morning......CRUISE DAY! We got to the boat and got out of our van just minutes before NKOTB arrived. So, as Im standing there trying to figure out what I exactly have to do, here are the boys getting out of their SUV...OMG, it has begun. Donnie went down the line and stopped a little bit before he got down to us. The rest of the guys just kinda lingered but never really went over to the fans to talk to them. I stood and watched for a bit but then saw Johnny (yes, I have a thing for him) and figured he would give me some lovin so went and talked to him for a bit. He was so cute on how excited he was for the cruise! We hugged and I walked away. I had to get on the boat!!!!! EEEEKKKKK!!!
The cruise was all kind of a blur. I wanted to live it up and remember all I could. Stayed up late into the wee hours of the morning and got up early to do it all over again. I didn't drink too much because honestly I wanted to remember everything. I'll try to give the highlights and encounters but truly so much happened on the cruise that I can't fit it all in a blog.
My first half encounter was as soon as we got on the boat and we sat down to eat lunch. Word was Donnie was on deck and I was headed that way anyway so I thought I'd check it out. I turned to corner and there he was. A small group around him. I was headed that way so thought I would stop and be part of the crowd. Donnie got to me and I got the tap on my shoulder instead of a hug saying he had to go. (little did I know this was going to be the theme for him and I most of the cruise). Sail away party was fun! And more to come...
Theme nights were a blast. I think my favorite was 80's night by far. Everyone was so excited and refreshed yet so we all had a blast. Most nights we had a particular spot we stayed at. We wanted to watch the BOYS yet be able to dance without getting pushed around. So we stayed up about two levels and it was great!
My next true encounter with them was at the beach party, which might I say besides my IPOD going for a swim along with all my other things I took to the beach, was AWESOME!! I have no words for NKOTB taken their clothes off in heat! We had lost Liz at the beach when the concert started and after the concert Laura took a swim in the ocean while me and Christina decided to hang out and see if we got any encounters. Donnie came down the line and hugged/took pictures with many people and as he got closer to me I was so excited. As he got to me, Earl pulled him away and I got yet another pat on the shoulder saying he had to go (as I said, it becomes a theme for him and I). Christina and I weren't ready to go so we hung out by the ship longer. Eventually all the guys started coming out. Jordan came out and everyone started following him, as most no Im not really a Jordan girl so out of the corner of my eye I saw Joe so I made a quick turn to go to him. Didn't get much love from him besides a touch. Then Jon came around and I went to him. I got a hand shake from him saying' thanks'...my only thought is 'what did we just make a business deal?' Who gets a handshake?!?! LMAO. To this day I still laugh when I think about it. Danny came down and got a hug from him and then Donnie. I wasn't setteling for a shoulder pat this time!!! So I stood right in front of him. I got a half hug but we were making progress! (although I must admit, after it happening 3 times you get to the point of thinking 'did you offend him in some way)
That night was the Blue Bloods veiwing party. We went and were all ready to sit in our 'regular place' that we were at nightly just to realize Donnie was going to sit there and it was ropped off. So we went in the row behind that. Donnie came down from the top for the party and I was standing right there for him to pass. As he was coming down he was hugging and kissing people and of course gets to me and he had to go, another pat on the shoulder I get! *sigh* (yes, now I have a complex about it all) Viewing party was a blast. Donnie in the row in front of us and Blue Bloods on the big screen. After the party, Donnie went out the same way he came and since I was sitting there I stood up and waited. As he walked by me I said 'Donnie I'm so proud of you and love you'. He turned around and I don't think he relized it was me who said it so he hugged the girl next to me. Then looked at me as if he realized it was me who said it and hugged and kissed me. Made me feel better about him passing me all those times.
Picture day was fun. Our power kept going out in our cabin and of course picture day was no different. Since I had already taken a shower, my hair had to stay freezy/wavey for the picture. I choose to stand with Donnie because when we do 5* I never get him so we did that. We went in with only 5 people for our picture group so had to find 5 more. We were lucky to find 5 more wonderful people that made it drama free!!! When we got up to the picture I told Donnie I needed a good picture with him because I don't have any so being a cutie he is he kept hugging me tighter and tighter saying 'smile bigger...bigger' LOL. It was cute!
The rest of the cruise was amazing. I really have no words for how blessed I was to be on the boat. I had the best time with friends and made some great new friendships. I will say when people say the boat was too big on that side I agree because I didn't get to see many because of the size. Even at that, I wouldn't give up the memories created and will cherish it for the rest of my life. The one word that sums it all up is AMAZING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment