Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Finale RCMH/Sunday leaving







Saturday we woke and we were sad knowing this was the BIG SHOW! Tomorrow it will all be over and friends will be going home, including us. We did some more tourist things and decided to do the Radio City Music Hall tour that afternoon so we could hear, possibly see sound check. We went in with no expectations besides knowing the 5 guys were in the building with us. We did the 3pm tour so it was right around sound check. As we checked in for the tour and started within' the first 5 minutes we could hear sound check! EEEEKKKK! The poor tour guide lost us at that moment and for the rest of the tour. I had known Backstreet Boys were the special guest for that night because a friend of mine use to work for them and had found out a few weeks prior. At this point, we heard BSB singing and all was confirmed! The tour guide, bless her soul attempted to humor us by dragging everything out as long she could so we could hear whatever we could. The time had come to go to the observation room and if she hadnt lost us before all was lost now. Not only could we hear what was happening but we could SEE them too! Christina, Liz and I sat at the huge window on our knees (because kids were suppose to be in front) Whispering to eachother about the guys. I don't think I heard a word the poor guide had said in that room. She dragged out that part of the tour for as long as she possibly could before we had to go on with the tour. That was it for us.....no words she was going to say after that were going to matter. LOL! We finished the tour and sound check was still going on but we had to leave the building. We wanted to tweet about our experience as soon as we walked out but didn't want to ruin it for anyone else so we didn't say much because telling the guys that they did great at soundcheck.
After that we went back to our hotel to get ready for the night's shows. We were tired, anxious and sad all in the same moments! Our seats for this show weren't that great, but I kept saying to msyelf this is history in the making Im just happy to be here. All weekend I had to tell myself that. I started this journey when I was in my teens. I believe I was 12 years old. Two years ago I picked up where we left off and look where it has taken me. So loved, so many life long friends, places I've never been and memories I will have for a lifetime. I couldn't be more thankful to NKOTB for all they have given me. Its so much more than music. They came back at a time in my life when a chapter was nearly closing and I wasnt sure where to go. My mom had died after me taking care of her for years and then my Grandma, which I also took care of passed in the middle of this journey. I wasn't sure what direction to go and NKOTB and the people they brought into my life helped me through all those troubled times. So, not knowing if this journey was coming to an end had me emotional.
I thought I would cry more than I did but I had my moments where I started tearing up durning the show. The show was so sentimental and also the guys did such a great job! I feel honored and blessed I could have been part of that.
We decided after the show to go to the Paramount and just hang out and wait for the guys. Maybe we would get to see them one last time. We hung out there for a bit and Danny came in with his girls but didn't stop to talk to us. Rob came by and we went to say hello to him. Danny's Dad came down to talk to everyone. Joe came back but went in the side door so we didn't get to see him. We hung out for awhile and talked to everyone there. Some people had the same idea as us. After awhile we decided we were hungry and went to get something to eat (2am or maybe it was a little later). We went back to our hotel and then to get some dinner. At dinner, we all kinda had the same idea. Donnie should be about done with his after party and heading back to the hotel. Our thoughts were if this is our last chance to get a Donnie hug I wasn't missing it, no matter how tired and emotional we were it was all going to be worth it. Eventually, we saw everyone again, Jimmy, Donald, Kevin, Rob, Earl, Johnny...Donnie apparently went in the side door and never did come out for hugs. But I would have kicked myself had we not tried. Talked to Jimmy for a bit. Earl gave me a half smile (which is BIG news since he seems to not like me much, but as I said earlier blogs we are working on our relationship. ) Talked to Donald because he kept coming in and out. Then Johnny was next to us. awe, Something about this man gets me. yes Im loving him!!!! To me I find him so attractive! And that accent..EEEKKK!!! He talked to me for awhile and I took a picture with him. *sigh* I had one from before but it didnt really turn out. Joked with him for a bit and then he was stressing out again about something so I left him to attend to business. At this point, we decided it was going on 5am and it was time for bed. We had gone back to our hotel to go to sleep because we were leaving NYC the next day.
Sunday had come fast. Liz had left in the morning. Tears had to be fought back. Then Christina and I decided to go to Statue of Liberty. That was great! Met my friend Laura there and had to say our goodbyes! As I said good bye to her I could feel the tears swelling up in my eyes, but it was time to go home. I got home about 8:30pm after an adventure at the airport. I can honestly say, NYC was one of the best if not THE BEST trip I had ever taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment