Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Saturday Hammond

Saturday morning came around and we had planned on going to the BH lunchoen. We went and had a great time meeting so many new friends and seeing many old friends all at the same time. Michelle and I's friend, Christina whom I had been trying to talk into coming for weeks and she just didnt think she could called us and said she was on her way. I knew she couldnt stay away from a whole NK's weekend. Rumors were flying that Donnie may show up but he never came, which was fine with me because the rooms were full with my BH family.
After the luncheon we went to the venue. Played a little on the slot machines and just kinda hung out. We decided to go back to the parking structrue where we know they came in at after Donnie sent a tweet out about a licencse plate he saw. We figured if was out and about we could at least catch a glimpse of him walking back in. That wasnt the case but we did see Jon outside for a long time just hanging out. Trying not to look like all we do is stalk the guys I took a few pictures and then we went inside to the concert.
The concert was great. Our seats were pretty far back but Donnie had come into the section next to us. Joe was on the top at the other side and then ran along the top. Seeing Im a Joe girl I thought he had intended on coming down that side so after gracefully going over a few rows of chairs and making it to the end he changed his mind and went back to the otherside. Damn you JOE!!!!! I dont care how many times I've seen NKOTB in concert it is always exciting to me and I just cant get enough of it.
After the concert Michelle and I planned on going home. I was still debating if I was coming back to the concert on Sunday but I knew Michelle couldnt so we started heading home.
We were about 35 minutes on our way home (I only live about an hour and half from chicago) and we got a phone call that Donnie did a little after party in the lobby. After, about a minute of debating I was jumping off the freeway and turning the car around. (yes, crazy I know) Since Christina had not planned on coming she had a seprate car and had turned around as well. We were about 5 minutes from the venue and we got a phone call that he was done. We figured since we were so close we might as well just go back and see if we can get a hug as he was getting into the 'white van'. As I was pulling into a parking spot, we heard screaming so we jumped out of the car and ran to the spot just to miss Donnie get into the van and start pulling away. Being as crazy as we were that evening we decided to follow the van. We did for awhile and lost him but found it again at the Ramada Inn. Again, I parked and jumped out of the car. Apparently he was just dropping someone off and then going out again. He saw me and waved but never got out of the car. AGAIN, Michelle and I run to my car and go to follow the 'white van'. At this point, Christina is just about to pull into the Ramada and says 'I see a white van that just pulled out'
we yell turn around it's Donnie!!! LOL. We lost track of the van but I had thought I saw it pull on a freeway entrance. We drove around for a bit and then decided we were going to go on that freeway entrance and see where it takes us. Well, we ended up at the Ameistar Casino and Hotel. (funny thing is, it was one of the hotels I had debated on staying at and choose a different one instead). So, we park and decide to walk around. I hadnt met Michele (@DdubsIndygirl) and I know she was staying there so we went in. As we walked in there was the precious WHITE VAN! I went up to it and it had a sticker in the front that said 'special event parking The Venue' I KNEW Donnie was there somewhere!!! He wasnt getting away from me this time! So we went into the hotel part and went up as far as we could. Not really having a plan but knowing we needed to do something. I called Michele and she came and met us. We decided to go into the casino part and had gone up a set of stairs and then there was a break and another set of stairs. We all were kinda doing our own thing. Michele walking ahead, Michelle talking to Christina and I was on my phone. So, we ended up just kinda going off to the side while we regrouped. Low and behold I look up from my phone call and it's DONNIE WAHLBERG walking right down the hallway I was next too. Not totally knowing what just happened I waved at him to come by me and started to walk towards that hallway as I look up I notice its the men's bathroom so I stopped. LOL!!! Good thing I did cause I spotted Earl coming towards me and let's just say Earl and I are working on our relationship! Its a work in progress!!!
We decided just to hang out there for a bit. Donnie eventually came out of the bathroom and went back to a resturant and was saying good bye to people and kinda eating at the same time. Then I saw him look at Earl and say 'let me go say hi to these girls' as he started walking over to us!!!! He gave us hugs and took pictures with us. I of course ramble because Im excited and exhausted all at the same time. I started talking to him and then also said 'I just want to give you a proper thank you.' He said 'you already have' and I said 'no really....' and kinda went on about what I went thru and how he helped me. This is the moment I had waited for. Ive had a few other encounters with Donnie but in those I always felt rushed and I never got to make eye contact and really talk from my heart. This time I did and he listened. LOVE THAT MAN!!! He said hi to a few more others there and then went on his way.
We started heading back to Wisconsin again for the second time with the biggest smiles on our faces. Who cares if the sun was on its way up and we hadnt gone to sleep yet. We got facetime!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment