Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Friday Hammond











Where do I begin? I picked Michelle up early Friday morning so we could do some early 'stalking' adventures. Since Michelle has been out of comission for a few months we HAD to go back to the good old days. I think in the beginning I was just more excited I was going to hang out with old friends meet new friends and see NKOTB in concert again. I haven't seen the whole group in concert for nearly a year and I was having TERRIBLE withdrawals. We arrivied in Hammond around noon, checked in to the hotel and went straight to the casino/venue.

Once we got there we were unsure where to go. I meet a few new friends and then officially met Dena (@blondie2015)! So excited since her and I have been to ALL the same shows but never officially met!!!
Michelle and I decided to do a little walking around the casino to see if we could find anything or where the guys might arrive. We ran into some of the casino security and he got to talking to us about how his son goes to school in Milwaukee so I asked where the guys might arrive. He gave us a little tip that it is the 3rd floor of the parking structure and then we were off!!!


Yes, we hung out at the 3rd floor for sometime, a little over an hour. The band then arrived. Phish, Rob, Donald... Rob was on the phone so I said 'Hi, Your on the phone I dont want to be rude." He siad Hi and continued on his way. A little while later they came back out talked and took pictures with Michelle and I. I love Rob. Really one of the sweetest men out there! I never really have had the chance to talk to Phish until that day but he is so sweet as well!
After that we were told that we couldnt stand there anymore. Michelle and I backed up into the elevator entrance and just waited. Soon Jon, Jordan, and Danny arrived. Seeing Michelle and I were the ONLY TWO there we walked over to them. They all said Hi to us but wouldnt come over for hugs or pictures. Made us happy and sad at the same time seeing we were the only two girls there. Then security and Earl made us leave the floor all together before Joe or Donnie arrived. We had tried to go to the other floors and look down but security kept yelling at us so we decided to just go get dinner before the concert.
When we went back up to The Venue for the show I ran into more people I had meet along the way of my NK's adventures and I LOVE that it's like a family reunion going to the concerts. Then we went in for the show!

What can I say? Those that have seen a show already understand there truly are NO WORDS for the show. AMAZING pretty much sums it up. We were the 7th row floor on the side. Not the best seats but not bad at all!!! When Tonight came on I was paying more attention to Joe at the top of the Venue and Donnie in the crowd because it was all I could see. At some point I had looked over in my row and there was Jordan in our row!!! AHHHHH! I pushed Michelle that way but he was just out of reach! Then I looked over my other way and Jon was coming back to the stage right next to me! (I like to give Jon his space during that always have since I know it isnt his comfort zone) so I didnt even reach out for him but just stood there and watched that sexy man walk right pass me!

Then it was Joe's solo. I was lost for words. I took a few pictures but honestly, couldnt really function! I knew I'd have issues and attempted to prepare myself for his solo weeks prior so I could get through it alright but when the moment came. I couldnt! HOT DAMN that man is sexy!!! I couldnt even function after his solo. I know Jordan came out after that but honestly couldnt tell you anything he did! LOL.
After the concert Michelle and I ran up to the parking structure to watch the guys leave again. As we got up there they all had just got in the van so we waved and got some waves back. We had attempted after that to find where the guys were staying because Hammond really isn't the best area but couldn't find them so we ended up just turning in and going to bed (at 2am). Tomorrow was going to be another New Kids show! Could life get any better? I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment