Friday, January 22, 2010

Joe After Party






Words can't explain how I feel about New Kids On The Block, especially the youngest memeber Joe McIntyre. After two concerts I was off to the after party. I wasn't sure what to expect since I hadn't been to any of the after parties NKOTB has done. And I didnt want to spoil anything before we left so I didn't watch or read anything about any part of Joe's tour.



We got to the Underground, this is were I met Donnie Wahlberg and memories started filling back into my heart. I was hoping to get another picture with Joe and if not at least a hug but like Donnie's party, it was packed! We waited for awhile and had a drink or two while waiting.

Then there he was JOEY MCINTYRE!! aka JOEY JOE, when I get excited it's what I call him for some reason:) He got up and sang. Then sat down for a bit. All of a sudden he went out the back door. About 20 mintues went by and we figured Joe probably left. I told Liz and Christina I was going outside to see what I could find out. Before I could go outside, Ethan came around and I danced with him for a minute or two just enough time to get a pic with him since I missed a pic with him in Detroit.



As I was outside talking to security and other fans, they told me Joe probably did leave for the night so I engaged in conversation..assuming Joe was gone for the night. (like I said I didnt know what to expect from Joe, so wasnt sure if he had really left but figuring he was exhausted he might very well be). About 15-20 minutes went by and I decided to go back inside and find 'the girls'. As I walked back into the club everyone was rushing to Joe who happened to be out on the floor and standing right where we were!!! My only thought was 'damn how could I miss my chance' So, I rushed over there. Joe was RIGHT in front of me everyone had there macpac cards out but of course I didnt have time to get mine out of my wallet. I kept touching him because people would push him into me but he just wouldnt give me a hug..finially I got eye contact with him and asked 'do I need my macpac card out for a hug?'
Joe 'no'
'well, then may I have one' I said as he wrapped his arms around me!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!! I know it sounds funny but I loved his sweater. it was so soft! :)

After my hug I went around the other way trying to find 'the girls' they had moved so I stood on the bench and followed Joe around from the other side taking pictures of him as he hugged people. Posted some pictures on twitter in the hopes that people find themselves next to Joe because if I had that moment I wished someone would take a picture for me.


Joe then sang a little more and then said thank you. He actually was there til about 1:30am, which I didnt think he would be there that long.


Seeing we had been going for 2 days straight we ended up going back to the hotel to sleep. I guess Joe went out for pizza afterwards because he had some friends in town. Glad he seemed to end his tour on a great note! My Joe adventures are the best! He inspires me so much. Love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment