Chicago is my kind of town......
I have been traveling to Chicago my whole life. Being from Milwaukee it is an easy day trip and the city is just great! But as much as I have gone to Chicago there is nothing like going there to see a NKOTB concert for this matter Joe McIntyre!!
The whole way from Detroit I was so excited. I knew we would get there early enough to get ready and go to the fan meet up. Then after the concert we were going to the after party with JOE!!!
We got to Chicago and got dressed and headed to the fan meet up. Seems no one was there though, later to find out that a good group got into the venue early. We are blockheads though and in it for the long haul so we stayed and waited to get into the venue, although, thought I might lose a few toes while waiting I knew in the long run it would be worth it. I meet some new friends in line. There's just something about BH's. Once you meet them your instantly connected and from this point on it's like a family reunion at all New Kid's events. It's probably one of the things I love most about this whole experience as I age. We are old enough to understand how precious these moments are and we find life long friendships.

We got into the venue and ended up about 10 rows back. Which all in all wasn't bad. Joe's show was outstanding yet again but I never had any doubt. Liz had asked him in Detroit if he could sing Moon River and he said no it was clubby enough for his set. So, we didnt think he would do The Difference. To our suprise he did!!! Love that song and the emotion he puts into it..heartbreaking! I decided to video a few songs in Chicago and of course I wanted Im waiting...so I was recording it and at the end of the song he threw his shirt into the crowd...the person kiddy corner from me caught it. So when you watch my video on youtube thats why it just stops taping. LOL !!!
Then it was on to the afterparty!........
I have been traveling to Chicago my whole life. Being from Milwaukee it is an easy day trip and the city is just great! But as much as I have gone to Chicago there is nothing like going there to see a NKOTB concert for this matter Joe McIntyre!!
The whole way from Detroit I was so excited. I knew we would get there early enough to get ready and go to the fan meet up. Then after the concert we were going to the after party with JOE!!!
We got to Chicago and got dressed and headed to the fan meet up. Seems no one was there though, later to find out that a good group got into the venue early. We are blockheads though and in it for the long haul so we stayed and waited to get into the venue, although, thought I might lose a few toes while waiting I knew in the long run it would be worth it. I meet some new friends in line. There's just something about BH's. Once you meet them your instantly connected and from this point on it's like a family reunion at all New Kid's events. It's probably one of the things I love most about this whole experience as I age. We are old enough to understand how precious these moments are and we find life long friendships.
We got into the venue and ended up about 10 rows back. Which all in all wasn't bad. Joe's show was outstanding yet again but I never had any doubt. Liz had asked him in Detroit if he could sing Moon River and he said no it was clubby enough for his set. So, we didnt think he would do The Difference. To our suprise he did!!! Love that song and the emotion he puts into it..heartbreaking! I decided to video a few songs in Chicago and of course I wanted Im waiting...so I was recording it and at the end of the song he threw his shirt into the crowd...the person kiddy corner from me caught it. So when you watch my video on youtube thats why it just stops taping. LOL !!!
Then it was on to the afterparty!........
No comments:
Post a Comment